Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Still Love It!!

Saturday night I was given the first opportunity to get out for a few hours without Haley. My parents were in town staying with us for the holiday and were anxious to get some grandparent time in without me lurking. He-he. I was grateful for the chance and decided to go for it. The night was a mix of anxiousness and glee. On the one hand I missed Haley like crazy and couldn't stop checking my cell phone (we have been attached at the hip for 8 weeks) while on the other I was glad to be out with friends for my first post-pregnancy beer. However after two full hours away, one 12 oz beer, and a few games of darts I was ready to get back to my baby.

The moral of this tale is that going out is still tons of fun (and yes I still love the booze) but nothing beats a night at home with my Haley...screaming or not.

No comments: