Monday, August 1, 2011

Kitchen Remodel - Before & Demo

This morning we finally began our kitchen remodel after months of planning and thinking and planning some more. Ever since we moved into this house three years ago I have had a real love/hate relationship with my kitchen. I love the space. It is the perfect size for my family and it has a great layout that really works for us. Plus every time we have guests over it seems to always draw people in for talking and hanging out. We have had some great times in this kitchen. On the hate side, I have always disliked the color scheme and the constant need for scrubbing. It screams 90's with the blue backsplash tiles and the stark white laminate tops have to be bleached almost daily to keep them white.

I am so excited for the remodel and nervous at the same time. I hope everything goes off without any hitches and that by Thursday afternoon we have a new kitchen. Here are some pictures I took last night after clearing the kitchen in preparation.




Here are some pictures I took tonight after a day of demo. Looks like a clean slate ready for a new personality.


Stay tuned for the after pictures in a few days.

No comments: