Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Haley Kate Buskirk

Our precious baby, Haley Kate Buskirk, was born on February 18, 2009 at 6:19 pm. She weighed 8 lbs 7 oz and was 21 1/2inches long. She is just the most adorable baby we have ever seen (we are extremely biased).



The day started with my weekly checkup at the OBGYN where they informed me that I was already 4 cm and having contractions (this was news to me as I hadn't felt a thing). They also told me that my blood pressure was in the severe range and that I needed to head directly labor and delivery. After about 30 minutes of having my BP monitored they went ahead and decided to move me over to a room. From this point on things moved pretty quickly. So quickly in fact that just six short hours later, and without the aid of an epidural, she was here. Once I actually started feeling the contractions things progressed so rapidly that there was no time for the epidural to take effect. So in the end I went all natural with only a mild dose of local anesthesia. On the plus side I felt like a million bucks almost immediately following delivery! All in all the day was not exactly how I had imagined it...it was better!! She is the most precious gift we could have ever asked for.





We love you baby girl and can't wait to watch you grow!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures, I've been waiting patiently to see her. She's absolutely adorable!!!
Congratulations.
Let me know when things calm down and you're ready for a visit.

Melisa said...

Dido on the waiting to see your photos. Thanks for posting about your delivery. It sounds like you did great through everything. Haley is precious!

Erin said...

Her auntie loves her too... and can't wait to spoil her rotten!