Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Daycare Blues

Haley is sick! I refuse to take the blame myself so instead I will push it off onto those kids at daycare. Not even a week after her first day and she already had the symptoms of her first cold. Last Thursday she woke up pretty congested and had a small cough throughout the day. We decided after much discussion that her symptoms did not require a trip to the doctor since she seemed to be her normal happy self and was not running any fever whatsoever. Instead I made a trip to the local baby store and bought all the required gadgets for Haley’s first baby cold…nose saline, booger sucker thingie, humidifier, etc. I was so proud of myself that I had stayed calm and acted rationally until this morning when I woke up to her coughing again. This time it sounded much more congested and at one point I even think she spit up a little loogie (not sure but it made me flip out)…yet still no temperature. To make a long story short Haley went to see Dr. Wilber this morning and she is perfectly fine. All he suggested was for us to put her to sleep on an incline and keep up the saline and nose sucker. One small bonus to my freaking out was that they weighed her and she is an astounding 15 lbs!

So in a way daycare is helping her to build her immune system…or at least that is what I will tell myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara,
You are developing a personal style with your writings that are very entertaining.. great job! Love, Dad