Monday, August 16, 2010

Random Roundup

1. Last week I got my first trial run of being a stay home mommy...sort of. Haley was sent home from school Monday and Wednesday with fever so I got to stay home with her all day on Tuesday and Thursday. As a side note I think there might actually be something wrong with the daycare thermometer because I never recorded over a 99.2 degree temp once she was home but I am not going to speak up...she did have a runny nose which needed to be mommy monitored. Ha. I love getting to spend the day playing and snuggling with my little girl. She is such a joy right now always wanting to play and read...and give hugs. It is amazing all the cool things she can say and do now. I am constantly in awe. As a trial run for staying home I think it went pretty well. I can see where there will need to be some adult time interjected throughout the week but for the most part it was a blast. I can hardly wait.

2. Buffalo Chicken Pizza Friday.

Based on past Random Roundups, and today's, it seems like our family eats a ridiculous amount of pizza. I promise I do cook dinner from time to time and it is generally healthy. Ha.

3. So after staying home with a booggered little Haley last week wouldn't you know that I would come down with the worst case of the cold yet. Justin had a little go round right before Haley, then it was Haley with the sniffles, and then me with the full blown cough, sneeze, chills, common cold. How is it that the mom always get the worst of it and have to still keep plugging a long. PS. There is nothing harder than having to get up in the middle of the night when you can hardly breath to rock your toddler back to sleep while trying desperately not to sneeze or cough. I love being sick.

4. Justin, Haley, and I attended a little pool party on Saturday to wish our friends Brett and Sophie and their little girl Annabelle farewell. After working in the US for about 2 years they decided it was time to head home to Australia. It is sad to see them go but I know they must miss there family terribly and this will be a good move for them. I know it is hard for us with Justin's family living in Nebraska and missing them all the time but just imagine if they lived on a different continent. I don't think international living is the Buskirk future.

5. Friday night, along with the pizza, Justin and I watched 17 Again. I am almost embarrassed to write that I put this movie in our queue but I was pleasantly surprised in the end. If you are looking for a deep sophisticated movie this is not for you. This was much more of a funny family movie with some romance mixed in.

Movie: 17 Again
Buskirk Review: 4 stars

No comments: