Monday, August 23, 2010

Random Roundup

1. Haley had her 18 month checkup last Thursday. She is growing like a tall skinny weed; she is in the 95th percentile for height but on the 55% for weight. The doctor said everything looks great. On a negative note I think Haley has decided to hate the doctor's office. As soon as we set foot in the cheerfully colored patient room and she heard the crackle of the paper on the exam table she went ballistic. She cried and screamed and cried some more until we finally let her crawl around on the floor and play with every odd thing in my purse. I think at one point her tools of fun were a nail file, some anti-bacterial foam, and a hair tie. Thankfully Haley is not the first baby to cry through an appointment. Our doctor just talked a little louder and we moved through the appointment as though everything was cool.

2. Justin and I watched a couple movies last week. Apparently we are now getting into the comedy section of our queue. Here are a couple of reviews for you:

Movie: Hot Tub Time Machine.
Buskirk Review: 2 1/2 stars

Movie: I Love You Man
Buskirk Review: 4 1/2 stars (Just might not agree but I thought it was hilarious!)

3. Friday night we got together as a family to wish Kurt and Agata safe travels. They are headed to Italy for 2 weeks to visit Agata's family and do some sight seeing. Listening to all their plans half made me want to get a passport and hop in their luggage but then I thought a 9 hour flight in the luggage compartment might not be very pleasant. I will have to settle for Surfside beach and trips to the outdoor Pearland mall for now.

4. Saturday morning we went to IHOP. I love IHOP. What is not to love about pancakes, hash browns, and OJ?!?! I loved it at 4:00 in the morning in college when I was battling too many beers and I still love it now at 8:00 in the morning when I am trying to restrain my toddler from putting syrup in her hair. Their food may not be all that amazing, their service never the best, but the place always smells like bacon. I love IHOP.

5. Justin missed out on IHOP but instead got to get up at 4:00 in the morning to go fishing to catch nothing but back pain. I love my husband more than I could ever express but I will never understand the obsession with fishing. Fishing to me is less exciting than watching a pizza bake.

No comments: