Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Random Roundup

1. Haley has an ear infection. Apparently my daughter inherited my high tolerance for pain because when I took her in on Friday the ear infection had already ruptured. I had no idea anything was even wrong with her until I noticed some drainage in her ear. The doctor assured me once again that I was not the world's worst mom and gave us some ear drops to heal it right up. This morning she was good as new.

2. I turned 29 on Thursday. There is something very doom and gloom about 29...it is basically just a holding point for 30. I can hardly believe that I am so close to leaving me twenties behind. It was an amazing decade.

On to more exciting birthday news...I got to celebrate twice. On my actual birthday Justin and Haley took me to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (best rolls ever). They also got me a new bracelet and a really sweet card. I couldn't have asked for a better birthDAY. Then Saturday night we got together with friends and family at one of my favorites spots...Texadelphia (best cheese dip ever)...for cheesesteaks and a few brews. It was a wonderful night only made better by arriving home to a giant cookie cake. I love my life...even if I am turning 30 in 365 days.

3. I bought some picture flashcards the week before last in an attempt to be a better mom and have been trying to use them with Haley. She doesn't really like to sit and go through them as I had originally intended, instead she takes them all out, spreads them on the floor, and then walks all over them. When she is done making a mess she jams them all back into the box and proceeds to carry it around the house repeating over and over "flashcards, flashcards, flashcards". It is hilarious. The way she says flashcards has got to be up there on her list of funniest things done to date. Justin and I can't help but laugh every time.

4. Justin and I added a few more movies to our have watched column.

Movie: 500 Days of Summer
Buskirk Review: 4 Stars

Movie: Time Travelers Wife (only watched by myself)
Buskirk Review: 3 Stars
Sara's Tear Jerker Review: off the charts!!

No comments: