Friday, October 8, 2010

Camping

This past weekend Justin, Haley, and I packed up for a little family adventure...we went camping at Brazos Bend State Park. It was a ton of fun: the weather was beautiful, the park was great, and the alligators kept their distance. Aside from a run in with raccoons at 4:00 am the trip was a blast. We stayed just one night which was plenty for Haley (and mommy). Maybe when the kiddos are a bit older we can plan for a longer stay.

When I was younger every family trip we went on we always went camping. I can only remember staying in a hotel on a few special occasion. My parents always enjoyed it and passed their passion onto their kids(granted it has been dormant in my life for a good portion of my teens and twenties). It is a part of my childhood that I actually have memories about and am glad to be incorporating the experiences into Haley's. Also, Justin loved it. It was just the right amount of roughing it while still enjoying the convenience of running water, restrooms, and electricity.

 Our Castle


 Alligator!
 Show and Tell
 Story time and craft at the nature center.
 There was no way I was letting her climb this ladder alone...it was like 40 ft high!!!!
 Adventure Girl
 Girl's Only Nature Walk
Campfire fun

No comments: