Monday, November 17, 2008

Red or Pink

I debated with myself for a long time over what color to go with in the baby's room: red or pink? I am not a very girlie girl so pink almost seemed too much for me and the only red options I could find were ladybugs. I was going to go with the red but was never able to decide on a bedding set that I liked. However this weekend, with the help of my sister (and Lucy and Grace), I decided on a middle ground with a blend of the two. Check it out:


It is a pretty and simple pattern with a mix of red and pink cherry blossoms with hints of green and brown in the details. I bought the bedding only and plan on accessorizing with some of my own touches. I haven't decided on a wall color just yet but maybe by the end of the week I will have a project lined up for Justin. I do like the chair rail look that they used in this mock up but we will just have to wait and see.

The furniture came in this past Friday! Justin and I put it together this weekend and it would have only taken use about 20 minutes to assembly if I just would have read the instructions correctly the first go round. Thanks goodness for having the mommy mush brain excuse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really love it!
Love,
Mom

Jill said...

So cute! Let me know if you need any help!

Melisa said...

I love the red and pink combo. Not too girly and not to neutral. Plus Baby B. will be able to do some much with red and pink down the road. Smart choice!!