Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Evans Vacation 2009

This past weekend we spent camping with my dad's side of the family on the Blanco river in the Texas Hill Country. It was a beautiful weekend even though the water level on the river was lower than we had ever seen before; Luckily there were a few moving pools that we were able to take advantage of.
It has been ages since we had been camping and thought it was time to give it another shot. Chances are we probably won't do that again for quite some time. My brother-in-law got stung by a scorpion around 1:00 am and after that I pretty much stayed awake keeping watch over my slumbering family...I was not about to let any creepy crawlers invade!! The next day, regardless of the fact that we were all a little sleep deprived, we celebrated Justin's first Father's day with more fun in the sun and a 3 1/2 hour road trip home. Maybe next year we will let him sleep in and make him breakfast in bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aside from the long drive back it was the best first Father's Day I could have imagined!
Love,

Justin (Haley's Dad, Your amazing Husband)