Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Saying Goodbye to My Little Burrito

Since Haley's birth we have continued to swaddle her at night...it had always seemed to help her sleep better. I would even go to the level of saying she loved it. Every night when I laid her down on top of the swaddler she would "assume the position" - laying rigid with her arms and legs straight like a little torpedo. I would then wrap her as snug as I could and she would then proceed to quickly dose off. This cute little bundle became known as Mommy's/Daddy's Little Burrito.
To make a long story short, Texas has been in some what of a heat wave so we decided to ditch the wrap as I was concerned she was getting to hot. Plus, now that she can roll I became overwhelmed with worry that she would roll over and not be able to right herself in the middle of the night. She has made the switch relatively easily and shows no signs of changing her sleep patterns without it. I am sad to she this phase end as she was always so cute bundled up. However, now we will have a chance to show off all her cute jammies!

No comments: