Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yummy Yummy In Her Tummy

I have seen many a cute picture of other babies having their first meals ending up covered in food from head to toe. It wasn't until this past Saturday that I realized that behind all those cute pictures was a mother also covered in baby food!
The first time she ate cereal was quite the ordeal - take a bite, gag, spit it out, take a bite, gag, spit it out. In the end we got down almost 1 1/2 Tbsps in just 45 minutes! Since Saturday we have been feeding her one meal of rice cereal everyday and she is actually starting to take to it. Last night she ate almost the entire 2 Tbsps without gagging once! However she did sneak in a sneeze at one point which sent projectile baby food all over my face. Next time I will try to remember to keep my distance!
Maybe this weekend we will try a flavored cereal! (absurd the things that excited me these days!)

No comments: