Monday, January 26, 2009

Prepared

Baby Buskirk's arrival is getting so close we can hardly believe it. The last eight months have flown by. It has been a whirlwind of doctor's appointments, weight gain, and informational reading. There has been tons of preparations (we have bought and assembled all the necessary baby gear, we stocked up on diapers and wipes, I have washed all her clothes in the proper detergent, we finished decorating the room, etc.) yet somehow I still feel completely unprepared and disorganized. I wonder if this is how my life will feel for the next 18 years?!?! Now all there is left for us to do is wait for her arrival...this is one thing I have never been good at! I am ready for her to be here and ready for Justin and I to take on our new roles of mom and dad!

Check out the finished room. I can't wait to watch her grow up in here!


Oh, by the way, we have decided on a name....Haley! It was one of our favorites all along and we decided to make it official.

4 comments:

Erin said...

The room looks perfect... She is one lucky little girl!

I can't wait for you two to be a mommy and daddy too. If your jobs as an aunt and uncle are any indication, you are going to be superb parents!

Let the real fun begin!

Jill said...

I love her room! So cute! And of course I love the name. Woohoo, it's almost time!

Anonymous said...

You and Justin will be super parents... great touches on the room. Love, Dad

Melisa said...

I love the name Haley. I'm sure that she will grow into her name as you will grow into motherhood. Best wishes!