Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Oaks of Southdown

When Justin and I moved into our home a little over two years ago the name of our subdivision was a complete after thought and something we never even really considered about until just recently. About a month ago our wonderful HOA updated our neighborhood entrance...
At some point some person sat down and decided that planting two new palm trees at the entrance to The Oaks was a good idea. I agree that something had to be done but was a tree synonymous with sun and sand the best idea we could come up with. The trees that had been there, two beautiful old oak trees (hence the name of the neighborhood), were unfortunately lost during Ike and had never been replaced. The update is quite pretty with all the new flowers and landscaping but it just doesn't seem to fit. Maybe I will try and sneak over in the middle of the night and do a little graffiti update myself.
On the bright side the trees make me chuckle every time I drive by.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I will chuckle now every time too!

Gotta love Pearland!