Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Homemade

I am currently all about homemade gifts. I love the way it feels to give someone something I made with my own two hands and to see their excitement (hopefully). In the beginning I thought it was also going to be a great way to conserve money however craft supplies have become somewhat of an addiction for me. I can't stop...I have boxes and bags and drawers full of stuff: fabric, glitter, socks, buttons, glue, paint, clothespins, tulle, wood, paper, etc, etc, etc. I have become a craft supply hoarder!!! Help! I am calling all of my friends and family to have birthdays, get married, have a baby, graduate, buy a new home, anything to help me deplinish my stock. HELP ME!

Thanks to a baby cousin on the way I was able to make a dent in my stash last week. I made a sock monster (who lended up looking a lot like a rabbit), a taggie blanket, and some blocks that spelled out the new baby name.
I think they all turned out pretty cute and looked even better incorporated into the diaper cake that my sister and I collaborated on. She provided the adorable burp cloths, the personalized wipe case, and the little baseball cap.  
I think the parents to be were quite pleased. Perhaps not so much for the homemade gifts as for the 100 diapers that they now have to unroll. Ha.

No comments: