Monday, April 26, 2010

Random Roundup

1. "momma, momma, momma" Haley is now saying momma. I am so excited. I waited patiently while she learned dada, uh-oh, bye, and ball all the while tying my very best to not get my feelings hurt. I mean seriously, "ball", I am so much more important than an inanimate object, right?!? Unfortunately it was no use...I was crushed inside. On the bright side, none of that matters any longer. "momma, momma, momma!"

2. We tried a new recipe this week that I was quite pleased with. It was super easy (which is always important to me), really cheap to make (ingredients you probably already have around), and it was yummy (I love all Mexican food). I hate to sound like a broken record but I got the recipe from a blog I follow. Eventually I hope that all the creative ideas I read about are going to inspire me...I want to make original dishes...yet I like to follow recipes..and I don't really like weird ingredients...what a conundrum. Ha.

Here is the recipe for Mexican Casserole.

3. I had stamp club this week. Not postal stamp...rubber stamp. Good times as usual. We made two super cute cards. I love that this club gives me a chance to get out of the house by myself and spend some time with fellow crafters. Unfortunately this week left Justin to man bath night all by himself. Around 7:30, right in the middle of visiting with the girls, I received this text from my husband...

" Never giving a bath again. Everything was fine and when I turned around to grab the towel she stood up and slipped. Bit her tongue. Blood. Crying. She is Fine."

In the end everything was fine. By the time I got home Haley was peacefully sleeping and Justin had stopped crying. The only permanent damage is that Haley will now have to deal with jokes and nicknames from her peers about her forked tongue. Haha. Only kidding.

No comments: