Monday, June 21, 2010

My Guys

"Any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad." -Proverb

It is a simple and straightforward quote but one that to me seems completely perfect for this occasion. No need for a bunch of fluff and fuss when it comes to dads. They like dirt and rocks and power tools and beer.

First to Justin...we are only getting started with our journey as parents but I can already see that I am going to be changing a bunch of diapers. Ha ha. I know, I know, you have a weak stomach. But, in all seriousness, you are awesome. Even though Haley can not speak the words I can see it in her eyes just how much she adores you. When you walk into the room she lights up. Whether y'all are reading a book or hanging out in the garage she is having a blast. WE absolutely adore you and and truly appreciate all that you do for us on a daily basis. We couldn't do it without you! We love you.

Second to my father...You were, and are, an amazing dad. Thanks for showing me how to be a good person and how to become a great parent. Thanks for instilling in me the values that really matter. And thanks for nudging me to play sports...I really am not blessed with the gift of dance. Ha ha. Love you.

Third to all the other fathers in my life (my father in law Dean, brothers, uncles, grandpas). You may not realize it but each and every one of you help to shape our lives. We love you all.

Happy Dad's Day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be the dad that I am without your help and our amazing daughter. Thanks for everything. Love you!

Justin