Monday, June 28, 2010

Random Roundup

1. Justin and I have been talking for quite a while about moving all my crafting/sewing stuff into his office and we finally started this week. We started by cleaning up his office and eliminating a bunch of stuff that he doess't need or use anymore. It always amazes me how we are still in love with each other regardless of the fact that he and I are such opposites when it comes to organization. I am a strong believer in everything should have a labeled home and he is a strong believer of the "piles" filing system....it makes me want to pull my hair out. Come to think of it maybe sharing a work space is not such a good idea. Ha. Too late to turn back now.

2. Anyone want to take a guess at what Haley and I had for dinner on Thursday night? I will give you hint: Justin was out of town. We had pizza! This time from Little Cesars so we splurged for crazy bread too. Yummy! Haley loved it as usual.

Justin was out of town for three nights on a "work-related" fishing trip. He insisted that he had to go even though I am still not convinced. The trip was to Port O'Connor and it was a fishing tournament put on by our company as an employee appreciation type thing but the only people who get to go are managers and outside sales. Can you tell I am a little bitter? However as I typed that last sentence I thought to myself...do I really want to go spend three nights with a bunch of men talking about fishing and getting obnoxiously drunk? No thank you. I guess I can't be mad at him anymore. Unfortunately he did not win the tournament but he did come home with a few entertaining stories and a new DXP cup (yeah).

3. Saturday night I ventured out for my second night ever away from Haley. I figured I was due a little girl time so I made plans to drop the little munchkin off with my parents and get together with my best friend from high school Megan. Stay tuned for a separate post about my adventures in Austin (to entice you to come back I will just tell you that there was a "Keep Austin Weird" event taking place Saturday night). I returned Sunday morning to pick Haley up and was glad to find her in one piece...however she did have a faint smell of cheese puffs on her breath at 9 am. Ha. It was a nice trip and hopefully will be a good reminder to me that every now and then I need some Sara time.

4. Monday night we had corn casserole for dinner which was super yummy. It was a recipe that I was introduced to by Justin's family but had yet to make it myself. They serve it at just about every Nebraska holiday and it is always a big crowd pleaser. It is different from other corn casseroles I have tried because it uses pasta. I gawked the first time I saw it since I am used to my moms which is more like a corn bread. We enjoyed it so much Monday night that we had it again Sunday night with burgers. This is definitely going to be a new Texas Buskirk staple.

Corn Casserole
1 can (15 oz) cream style corn
1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn,  undrained
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 medium onion
1 cup of macaroni
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in an 8x8 baking dish and bake uncovered at 325 for 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes. Serve to your friends and family so they will be amazed by your cooking skills.

No comments: