Monday, June 7, 2010

Random Roundup - Two Week Special Edition

1. Haley took her very first plane ride. Everything went pretty smoothly...she didn't even cry once. We didn't have any issues with her ears or the air pressure changes and we were able to keep her entertained for the entire flight. I did cheat and gave her her old friend paci...on the advise of my doctor. It was like reuniting two best friends after years apart. Makes me wonder if I stripped it away too early? Egh, she seems to be doing just fine without.

Justin and I were another story. Packing the night before the trip was chaotic for me. Will I need this toy or that one. Will she want to read this book or these seven. By the time my head hit the pillow we had managed to get it all in. The next afternoon at the airport I began to question me packing skills. We (Justin) had to lug what seemed like a ridiculous amount of luggage for 5 nights through the airport, plus a car seat, a stroller, and a diaper bag. Justin was a trooper. I think I saw people point and laugh and crack an imaginary whip at him a few times but he just kept trudging along. I think he thought if he stopped to defend himself he might fall over. Ha. I love my husband.

2. I tried another new recipe last week that turned out pretty yummy. Lemon Cupcakes. They were a little more difficult than my typical dessert endeavors but were worth the extra effort. Plus not making them wasn't an option. Once I see a recipe that looks half appealing and has "Lemon" in the name I have to make it. I love lemon. I am addicted to lemon! I even took the extra time to pipe on my lemony cream cheese frosting so the cupcakes would be extra cute. Didn't turn out like you see in the magazines but I am still learning the art of cake decorating so give me a break.

3. We spent this last weekend with ECLG and Kurt & Agata in Rockport. Chris' family bought the condo last summer and they have been so nice to let our family share in the fun. It was a great time. We spent the whole time lounging by the pool and just being lazy. The boys managed to get a little fishing in and Haley and I snuck in a three hour nap on Saturday. We also watched The Hangover which makes me laugh till my side hurts every time...no fail. That movie is freaking hilarious! Unfortunately we didn't stay too late on Sunday cause Justin and I had to get home to a house full of chores. It is amazing how dirty a house gets when no one is in it for 2 weeks...or how easy it is to forget how dirty you left it. Ha.

4. The reason for our quick trip to Nebraska was Justin's big 10 year reunion. His class of 36 had 11 show up. Doesn't really sound like a lot considering my graduating class was close to 600 but it was still a good time. We had an impromptu reunion on Friday night at the local bar and then the real reunion dinner and dance on Saturday night. We had a great time and probably drank a little too much. I will attribute spending the majority of the night hanging out with Justin's high school girlfriend and her friends to the amount of booze I took in. Plus they were all pretty cool. Oh what might have been. Ha. It was also great to have a chance to meet some people who knew Justin when he wore a wrestling singlet.

5. We have a couple potetntial careers paths for grown-up Haley popping up. First off, and most beneficial to her againg parents, a doctor. She can now identify all of the following body parts: head, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair, hands, finger, feet, toes, belly button, and heart. If this doesn't pan out she could also become a zookeeper since she can identify all of these animals: giraffe, elephant, zebra, monkey, alligator, cow (with sounds effects), duck. As a last resort she could be a cartoonist cause she has Elmo down pat. Ha.

No comments: