Monday, June 21, 2010

Random Roundup

1. Justin worked late on Wednesday night so Haley and I once again had pizza. It is some what of a staple for us when he is away. This time was a real treat though...we had leftovers from Pizza & Brew. Yummy. Their Buffalo Chicken Pizza is to die for...even three days later heated up in the over.

2. We spent the weekend out of town again!! We headed to my parent's neck of the woods to get together for father's day and to float the Blanco river. It was a ton of fun. The weather was beautiful and the river was full and flowing. We spent the entire day lounging around soaking up the sun and hanging in our new luxurious river recliners (once Justin found out they had tubes with built in coolers he had to have them). Only the best for Haley's dad. Stay tuned for pics later this week.

3. We started trying to use time outs with Haley. It seems ridiculous even to me, since she is so young, but I had to come up with something. I found that I was starting to raise my voice (yell) with her and that isn't the mom I want to be. In particular we have started using time out to keep her out of the trash can. Our little girl is like a sneaky little raccoon. One second she is playing sweetly with her toys and the next minute I turn around and she is pulling an empty package of (insert some gross food here) out of the trash. We have moved the trash can multiple times but to no avail. The time outs seem to be working in that she knows she is getting in trouble but I am not sure she has made the connection between them and the trash can. We will just have to keep at it. Wish us luck.

4. The peach tree seems to be stalled. We still have a ton of fruit on the tree but it doesn't seem to be getting any bigger or ripening at all. We have had multiple people suggest to us that we should be watering it more so we will give that a shot and see if it helps. I am going to be ridiculously sad if we don't even get one edible fruit for this years harvest. I will keep you guys posted.

5. My new favorite summer show is Toddlers & Tiaras. It is hilarious because those moms are so crazy! Plus it is fun to watch because I know in ever episode I've watched that Haley could easily take Grand Supreme!!! Ha-ha. For those of you not up to date with your pageant terms Grand Supreme is the highest award you can get. Only cutest, most talented, princesses win it. Oh my gosh...it is happening to me!

No comments: