Friday, June 25, 2010

Our Dream

It may not look like much now but you should see what I have envisioned in my head. This little, abandoned, meat market is about 3 miles from my parents house right on I10 and every time we drive by it we say to ourselves how we should buy it and turn it into a BBQ joint; Justin could cook the amazing BBQ, I could serve up some great desserts and sides, and some day Haley and our future babies could be the wait staff. We always try to come up with names for the place too: S&B BBQ, B&S BBQ (we are so creative - ha ha).We are definitely taking suggestions if you have one. Unfortunately we are not risk takers so this dream has a 99.8% chance of coming to fruition. However, it is still fun to dream.  
The building is an old slaughterhouse and is way past run down (see the plywood door and windows, overgrown grass, worn paint). I have no history on it or when it was last in business. I haven't been able to see inside so who knows what kind of business is going on in there. It would have to be totally gutted. They don't have the for sale sign up any longer (I found it jammed between something that look like a tiny silo and a small shed) so I am not even sure it is for sale.
Regardless of all this I still think it is a wonderful dream. Plus it has the word "bacon" painted on the side of it...and I love me some bacon! 

1 comment:

John Barber said...

It was open in the early 80's. I took a couple of crazy calves there for JE. They just about tore the pens down before they got them "subdued".
John