Monday, June 14, 2010

Random Roundup

1.  I was so happy to be home and stationery for an entire week. It was nice to just sit around and enjoy my husband and sweet baby. Sometimes we get to running around so much that I take them for granted and forget to live for the little moments.

2. My parents came to town this weekend. We had dinner on Friday night to celebrate my dad's birthday which was last Saturday.  It is pretty crazy when we all get together these days...getting a table for 11 makes most waiters cringes. Hehe.

3. Saturday we went to Kurt and Agata's to enjoy the pool and catch some rays. The get together was in honor of Agata's birthday which is today...the big 30 The party was a lot of fun...we are already looking forward to the next one!

Haley is really enjoying pool time these days and stayed in the pool just floating around and watching all the big kids for a ridiculous long time. For the most part it is easy to keep her entertained in the water but every now and again she gets it in her mind that she wants to climb out, then climb back in, and so on and so forth. It makes me extremely nervous that she doesn't seem timid at all. I guess it is going to be a long summer! Ha.

4. I have another quilt top done. I had hoped to have it ready to go by the time we left for Nebraska but that just didn't work out. It is a quilt that I specifically made for outdoor/picnic use. It is primary colors in antiqued shades with a theme of children and toys. I envision big family picnics on it in the park. I better start trying to convince Justin now that the fire ants aren't that bad this year. Ha.

5. Subway makes the best cookies in the world. I could eat them by the dozen. Side story...there is a Subway that I go to at least 2-3 times a week and when I walk in they begin making my sandwich before I even ask. It is hilarious. Apparently I am pretty predictable...6 inch wheat, turkey breast, American cheese, toasted, with lettuce, extra spicy mustard, and s & p. And don't forget the cookies.

6. Justin caught another fish (yawn). Hahaha - only kidding. The three amigos and my dad went out kayak fishing on Saturday morning before the big birthday party. They had a pretty good time and from what I hear Justin caught a pretty big fish...it was filleted before I even got home so I will have to take his word for it.

No comments: