Thursday, July 1, 2010

Megan

As I mentioned in my last post I went to see Megan, my best friend from high, in Austin. I took the trip all by self and even though I missed Haley terribly it was a much needed break. It is remarkable what one night away can do to rejuvenate.

I got into Austin around 5ish on Saturday evening. We hung out around Megan's apartment just catching up for a hour or so and then we headed into town for dinner and drinks at a place called Doc's. It was a pretty cool little place. We set up camp outside on the patio where we could take in both the inside and outside happenings (we have a shared loved of people watching). It has been years since I have been to a bar to just hang out and it was just as fun as I remember. The majority of the night we spent talking about high school memories and catching up on what is new. We enjoyed some yummy food and perhaps a few too many alcoholic beverages. We stayed at Doc's till a little after 11. And then headed back to Megan's to watch some trashy reality television (another shared love). I was snoring by 12:30. It may not sound like much to those hard core partiers out there but to me it was a perfect night! Thanks Megan for having me and for entertaining me as always. Sorry it took me so long to come visit...I will try my best to never let it go this long again.

No comments: