Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Random Roundup

I really contemplated just skipping this week since I was running a day behind and feeling super lazy last night. Lucky for your guys I got a burst of energy this morning. Here is last week's Random Roundup.

1. Thursday my wonderful husband finally caught up with me in the age department...Justin turned 28! Not sure if everyone was aware of this but I liked younger men back in my dating days and ended up with a husband who is 11 months younger than me...and who never let's me forget it. However for a brief period every summer from July 15th to August 25th we are exactly the same age (by the number) and I love to rub it in. Happy Birthday old man!

For his birthday we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (yummy - for sure our favorite chain restaurant) and just hung out with our little family. It was nice and relaxing and the perfect evening. For his gift I really can't pin point one thing. Justin's gift strategy is to purchase a lot of different items for himself prior to his birthday, claim they are birthday gifts, and hope that my memory fails me again. I think the running tally was...a pair of boots, a set of battery powered hand tools, a outdoor shade tent, an attachment for the power washer, and the list goes on.

Happy Birthday Babe!!

2. My parents came through town on Tuesday night so we got together for dinner at Gringo's. Regardless of the wait we had a great time and enjoyed the visit as always. Hopefully next time they can stay a little longer. Since my parents retired and built their house in Geronimo they seem busier than ever. They are always going somewhere, doing something, visiting someone...it is crazy. And here I thought I was working at this amazing job so that I could one day retire and sit around on my rear end all day and do nothing. Ha

3.  We got a package from the mailman on Thursday!! In the package were my two most recent quilt tops ready to be bound...yeah! I had sent them off to Nebraska a couple weeks ago to have them quilted. As usual Sonya and Shelley had them done and back to me in no time. The thread choices were perfect and the stitching looks amazing. It is so nice to have such a wonderful family that will do all the hard work for me...he he. Thank you girls for all the help. I promise to hold any new projects I have until our next visit so I can put in the labor myself.

I will post some pictures of the quilts once I have them bound. I should have the first done by this weekend but the second might be a few weeks. Stay tuned.

4. Justin and the boys had their most successful wade fishing trip yet this past weekend. I think the final total was 8 trout, 1 redfish, and 1 something I don't know the name of. Since they were so proud of their bounty we decided to celebrate with a fish fry Saturday night. Justin and I have never taken on such a large frying event with just our fryer and it was a definite test of our skills. Luckily we managed to get all the food cooked and served before midnight. Ha ha. Just kidding. The fish turned out great, the hush puppies were edible, so I was happy!

5. My last note is going to be a complaint I have with Texas right now...the mosquitoes are freaking ridiculous! With all the rain we had a few weeks ago and the warm weather they have just gone crazy. I think our front porch must be a ideal breeding ground or something because when you open the front door there is a cloud of mosquitoes that enter the house. It is pretty hard to keep them from coming in when Haley wants to walk by herself and doesn't really understand the concept of hurry just yet. On the plus side she has learned how to say a new word, go-go-go. Unfortunately I have already blown through my first can of bug spray and they don't seem to be letting up. Maybe I should give the city a call and request a few more drive-bys from the bug sprayer. Ha.

1 comment:

bill evans said...

As always..it was a fun read. You have a knack for this kinda writing.. Can you turn this into a stay-at-home job???? Love, Dad