Monday, July 26, 2010

Random Roundup

1. Wednesday night we went over to Devin and Erika's house for dinner. Originally the plans were set up so Justin could go over and help fix Devin's boat but the required parts didn't come in so that was a bust. Instead we decided to just get together for dinner and a little conversation. It seems every time we hang out with the Blount's it is a big group of us and the visiting is sacrificed for loud kiddos, babbling babies, cooking, drinking, etc. It was really nice to just be the four of us...well, Haley makes five...and get to chat. Plus we went over to help convince them just how cute little babies are and that they should definitely have a little Haley of their own. My reasons are selfish...I need more playdate companions!

2. Thursday night we went out to dinner with the Wicke's. We haven't seen Matthew and Sarah in several weeks and we were starting to think they didn't like us anymore. Tears. Luckily it was just the business of summer that was keeping us apart. We had dinner at BJ's. The food was yummy and the company was great. It is always a treat to hang out with the Wicke's.

**With all the eating away from home that we are doing you might think I am avoiding the grocery store. Ha.

3. I have never signed up for Facebook. I was tempted when Justin finally took the plunge a few months back but decided in the end to stick to my guns. I have cheated a time or two and looked on Justin's account but that is it...I swear. I wouldn't really say that I hate Facebook, in fact it is a great way to keep up with a lot of friends, I just never signed up and now I am afraid of repeating my embarrassment on mySpace. After years of refusing to sign up for mySpace I finally broke down and created a profile. Little did I know that that same moment mySpace began losing the battle to Facebook. I seem to always be on the tale end of things. To this day I think my profile still exists and I only have 3 friends. How embarrassing is it that I will go down in history for having the least number of friends via social networking?!?! It is there permanently for everyone to see. Someday Haley might get on mySpace and think her mom is super lame.

4. This past weekend we went to Rockport with my family to celebrate my niece Lucy's birthday. My BIL Chris' parents are incredible nice and let us enjoy the fun of their condo a time or two each summer. It is so much fun to have a place to go and relax and just have a good time. We spent the entire weekend lounging by the pool and napping. Haley is still really loving the pool. She loves splashing and kicking her feet. This weekend I even tried putting her under the water a few times...she seemed totally fine with it. I was the one that freaked out; It is really hard to consciously dunk your child under the water.

5. I was able to get two quilts bound this week. I finished up the smaller one by the end of the work week and the second I complete during our 6 hours worth of car time this weekend. I will show pictures later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another "Sara" blog... writing that captures your actual thinking patterns makes for interesting reading. Love, Dad