Monday, July 12, 2010

Random Roundup

1. Haley participated in a 4th of July parade at her school last week. I actually worked a couple hours overtime so I could go watch. All the kids that were able to ride bikes, scooters, or tricycles did that and then the kids Haley's age and younger were pulled in wagons. Everyone decorated their modes of transportation with red, white, and blue. It was amazing how elaborate some of them were. The little babies were even out there being pulled around in a crib. The whole event was pretty funny. The parade was just a circle around the parking lot that they made three times with patriotic music playing in the background. It is crazy how entertaining such a small thing can be. All the kids loved it!

2. We watched another movie this week...Igor. I am not sure why we rent so many cartoons. Every time we receive a new set of movie to watch I am convinced that someone has broken into our account and tampered with the queue. Did we seriously pick these out?!?!

Movie: Igor
Buskirk Review: 3 stars

3. Haley had her first trip to a splash pad this weekend and absolutely loved it. She was constantly wanting to run off by herself. They had all sorts of sprayers, and slides, and activities that were great for toddlers. It is essentially a water amusement park for kids. We went with Erin, Lucy, and Grace on Sunday and it was hot and really pretty crowded but we still had a great time. We are already looking forward to our next chance to go.

4. Justin went fishing again. (yawn!) The boys all went down and did a little surf fishing on Sunday morning. Justin had a pretty successful trip catching 2 trout which we had for dinner. Who would have ever thought I would start to like fish. I am still not sure I will ever crave it or really think "I want fish for dinner" but when it is there and it is fresh I am game. With the right amount of ketchup and hush puppies for sides it is almost delicious. Ha. I am sure it is not a surprise to anyone but I think Justin is planning on going again next weekend.

5. We had an eventful game night on Friday over at ECLG's. It was the original group of six; Justin and I, Kurt and Agata, and Erin and Chris. We decided to play Pictionary, boys vs girls, which always ends with multiple divorce threats and many quiet trips home. Ha. Not sure why but this particular game really brings out the worst in all of us...and the alcohol just exaggerates it. Plus, for some reason the boys can't play any game without cheating. I haven't figured out just yet how but I know they have a system. Luckily the girls were able to overcome this time and won. Woohoo! Now as a mature adult I think we should end game nights forever. Ha. 

No comments: