Monday, July 5, 2010

Random Roundup

**update for the week ending 6/27/10** Forgot to post about it last week but Haley and I went to the beach with some friends last weekend. It was a mommy and kiddo thing so Justin didn't get to go. I am sure he managed just fine without us. My friend Jill, her daughter Lucy, and a new friend Pam, and her two boys, came down and stayed the night with us. Once the kiddos were asleep the mommies stayed up late chit chatting and having a few drinks. It was a blast hanging out with other mommies and just talking. The next morning we woke up and headed sown to Surfside. We drove through a few showers on the way but didn't get a drop once we were at the beach. The kiddos loved it and had the most fun just sitting under the canopy and playing in the sand. Even the mommies got involved. By the end of the day we were all covered from head to toe in sand. I even found it in Haley's ears. Ha. Unfortunately I will have to say that this was the most unpleasant Texas beach trip I have ever experienced. The beach was really dirty. Aside from all the seaweed, which can't really be controlled, the beach was covered in litter. It was really quite sad. There were beer cans everywhere and I even saw a futon and mattress at one point (it was way past usable Kurt). Not to rant but I have never understood people littering...There is absolutely no reason for it. Pick up your own trash! Anyhoo, the trip overall was a ton of fun due to the good company. I can't wait till the next get together and hope it comes soon.

1. It rained all week. Literally it rained every day. I am so tired of the rain. I was going stir crazy from being indoors so long. It was so dreary. On the plus side we watched the two Netflix movies that we have had for 3 months. Maybe it is time to reevaluate that membership. Ha.

Movie: Bride Wars
Buskirk Review 2 stars; not a favorite for sure

Movie: Smother
Buskirk Review: 3 stars; this movie was also pretty lack luster however it did have some funny parts

2. We had friends over all day on Sunday to celebrate the 4th of July. Luckily the weather ended up being pretty nice and we were able to spend the day outdoors. It was a little hot and muggy but we survived. Justin made BBQ brisket which was delicious and I made my very first potato salad which turned out pretty good.  It was a fun day. I will show you some pics from the day later in the week.

3. After being trapped in our house for days (see item 1 above) we finally decided to get off the couch and get some indoor projects done. The biggest and best accomplishment of the weekend comes from my husband. Justin built Haley her very own toddler sized picnic table! It is so cute. If anyone is still wondering my husband has mad skills! It is amazing the things he can do once he puts his mind to it. I will post pictures later in the week. I did a few projects myself but nothing good enough to steal the lime light. Ha.

4. I love Blue Bell ice cream. Their Butter Crunch flavor is to die for and it is in circulation as we speak. I better stock up.

No comments: