Saturday, May 8, 2010

Moms

Once I had Haley I was immediately drawn to other's of my new kind...moms. They provided me with a much needed outlet; I was able to talk freely about poop and crying babies and rashes and shots and never once was I ashamed or embarrassed. I didn't have to be...they had all already been through it.

Moms, as a group, are like a huge stockpile of  great advice...and are always willing to share it. Every mother has their own out look on parenting but it is our individual mom duty to search through the masses to find those ideas that are best for ourselves and our families. In the last year I have received some real-mom advice that I found helpful and wanted to share.

Wrap a rubber band around a hair clip to get it to stay put.
Close doors.
Move at your child's pace from time to time.
Don't let your children suck on grocery cart handles.
Always carry snacks.
Vaseline cures everything.
Anything wrapped in cheese taste better (true for adults too).
Pick a routine that works for your family.
Be flexible.
Don't worry, I raised you and you turned out okay.
She will let you know when something is wrong.
Dipping sauces are fun for kids.
Take a hundred pictures if you want one really good one.
Don't compare yourself with others...it will make you crazy.
Play.
Enjoy every second.

To all those moms that have helped me to become the mother I am today I wanted to thank you. Thank you for being there. Thank you for your advice. Thank you for your support. Thank you!

A special thank you to my mom. You are a great mother and a wonderful role model. You seem to always get everything done so effortlessly and still have time to laugh at all my jokes (even if you don't get them). I can only hope that someday Haley will feel the same way about me as I do about you. I love you!

1 comment:

kuykendall_family said...

Hi Sara-
I just love reading your blog! You are so fun! Thanks for all the great posts! - Michele (Erin's friend from V-town)