Thursday, May 6, 2010

Weekend Thrifting

I snagged these two pitchers from the Salvation Army a few weekends ago on a shopping trip with my sister sidekick. Not entirely sure why but I have had a strong desire lately to buy old, used items and make them new (to me). It is fun to take someone else's cast away and turn them into something spectacular for my home.

The larger black pitcher originally had some colorful Spanish artwork on it that I had to sand off. You can see in the second picture how scuffed up the pitcher got from the sand paper.
After the pitchers were washed and dried I painted them with a coat of primer and a top coat of heirloom white. I think they turned out pretty nice and they cost me just over $10 for both. Yea for thrifty decorating. Now I just need to find some flowers for them.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I think that it is really cool that you have the talent to find these second-hand items and turn them into jewels. Can you make a job outa this? Dad