Sunday, May 2, 2010

Random Roundup

1. Haley is officially walking. No semi-walking...I am talking full on walking. From the kitchen to her room to the living room to the dining room back to the kitchen around the block and down the street. Just kidding about the last part...she has only broken lose once. Hahaha. A whole new world has opened up to her and she is ready to explore. I can hardly believe my little girl is walking. Tears.

2. I attempted, and suceeded in not ruining, another new and easy recipe. It is a crockpot recipe which makes my life even easier. All you have to do is just put it all together in the morning and let it go (and cross your fingers you don't burn your house down). The result was a delicious soup made even more perfect with a shredded cheese and sour cream topper. Justin liked it. I liked it. Even Haley branched out from her cheese and pea diet to try the beans and chicken. With Haley's picky eating I have developed a new found respect for my mother. She had to deal with me for 18 years! Sorry mom.

Here is the recipe for Chicken Taco Soup. This is the second recipe from that blog that I have tried and loved. I wonder what she has in store for me next. Ha.

3. Friday night Justin and I treated ourselves to dinner and a movie. Well, actually we just made pizza and watched the movie we had from Netflix, but we sure did enjoy it. We split a four meat pizza and watched the romatic comedy Inglorious Basterds. For those of you that have not yet seen this movie I am completely kidding. The movie was ridiculously gory; not really the type to make a couple want to cuddle on the couch. Regardless of the lack of romance Justin and I both really liked this movie. It was different and interesting and kept us awake for the entire 2 1/2 hours.
Buskirk Review: 4 stars

4. Saturday night we spent with our friends the Hahn's up in New Waverly eating crawfish and drinking beer. Back when we first moved to Houston we lived pretty close to each other and used to get together all the time. Now we have both since moved and live on oppoite ends of Houston. It is a little over an hour drive and unfortunately we don't make the trip often enough. We miss seeing them but hopefully with summer getting close we will find more time in our schedule to go visit. Thanks to Jill and Brad for having us up and for the yummy food.

5. Oh, and I almost forgot, when a recipe calls for something to be cooked at 250 please do not cook it at 350. Always read your recipes more then once and make note of the big details like cooking temp. If not you end up with this...



Having to pour uneaten (unedible) food into the trash. This is for sure one of my least favorite things, right along with making my house smell like burned popcorn and having to make a fresh batch of cinnabon popcorn at 10:00 pm.

No comments: