Sunday, May 23, 2010

Random Roundup

1. Thursday night Justin went with friends to the Jimmy Buffett concert in the Woodlands. He had a great time...but I had even better time. I had a quiet house all to myself to do some much needed organizing/straightening. I wouldn't say I am a clean freak but I do really enjoy a tidy house and mine had gotten out of control. After my tidying I even found some time to work on some unfinished sewing projects. Yeah for me. I am on a deadline to get things completed since we are leaving for Nebraska this coming Thursday.

2. Haley had her 15 month check up this week. She has never really had any problems with the doctor's office in the past but today was a new story. She cried and screamed and generally did not want to do what I needed her to do. Lay still, let them measure you...lay still, let them poke you with needles...now that I think of it I hate the doctor's office too. Haley is weighing in these days right at 24 lbs. I was somewhat shocked at this since I was sure she weighed 50 lbs already. Ha.

3. All I can say is...

I ran in my third 5K this weekend at the Geronimo Duckfest and I won!! I am going to take all the congratulations even if they aren't entirely justified. I mean I did win 3rd place in my age division (20-29) but I got beat by every single one of my "teammates". By teammates I mean my dad, Erin and Chris. I am okay with getting beat...all I really care about is crossing the finish line in one piece...which I did. Yeah for me.

Yeah for Erin too since she won third in her division. Yeah for Chris for completing his first 5K and not rubbing it in how much faster he was than me. And yeah for my dad who completed the 5K with his best time ever of 27.25!

4. This week, along with my husband's help, I completed another quick little project. I used an old spindle I bought awhile back at a junk/antique store and made a stand for my necklaces. Nothing too fancy but I think it fits nicely on my vanity and it is much prettier than the shoe box I had been keeping my jewelry in.
5. Haley new word for the week...diaper. It is absolutely hilarious. The entire time I am changing her she chants "diaper. diaper. diaper.". I can't help but smile and think that she is a genius. Haha.

Have a great week!

No comments: