Friday, March 26, 2010

Haley's Kitchen

Ever since Haley became mobile the most difficult task for me to get accomplished was cooking. She would open the cabinets, we put on safety latches. She cried at my feet, I yelled at Justin to come get her. She wandered into uncharted rooms, we closed doors. These solutions however were just a temporary fix to the real issue, needing Haley to be self entertained within my viewing area but far enough away that I don't squash her. After some brainstorming I came up with Haley's kitchen. We left one cabinet unlatched at my desk in the kitchen and filled it will fun stuff (bowls, koozies, empty coffee containers, wooden spoons, a deck of cards, some pictures, an Aggie rally towel,  some wire shelves, a reusable grocery bag, etc). She can open and slam the door as she please, take stuff in and out, and just be in control. She loves it.  I love it too but for another set of reasons. I love it because I can easily shove everything back in the cabinet and be done, it keeps her occupied just long enough for me to get dinner made or the pizza heated, and I can watch her the entire time. I know to some this may seem like something that is not blog worthy but to me it is...it has changed my life!

No comments: