Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Super Slammed Saturday

With the weather report showing temps in the high 70's for this Saturday, and with my brother-in-law Chad and his family in town, we decided to pack the day full of outdoor fun.

We started the day with a trip down to Surfside beach to dip our toes in the ice water and do a little beachcombing. ECLG and KA came along too. The kids played in the sand (Haley loved it), the boys did some fishing, and the ladies did our thing sitting around chit-chatting and combing the beach for treasures.It was a nice first trip of the year.









Around mid-day we packed everything up and headed back north to Pearland. We had an annual crawfish boil to attend. Our friends Matthew and Sarah, whom Justin and I have known since we started dating, were boiling up 73 pounds of crawfish plus all the fixings (potatos, corn, sausage) and we promised to be there to help eat. I do not eat crawfish, however my husband has become quite accustomed to their flavors and tries to convince me every time how delicious they are...I will not back down on this one! I did eat my fair share of sides though. The party lasted well into the night. In fact Justin and I ended up closing the place down around 11:30. It was a great time as usual and we are looking forward to next year and the 4th annual Wicke Crawfish Boil.




So, even though it was a slammed Saturday, it was still a great one.

No comments: