Monday, March 15, 2010

Random Roundup

1. I finally got around to finishing Haley's birthday thank you notes this week. I am only a month behind...that's not too bad right? I just edited a photo from her birthday and added a "thank you". There is a more personal message on the back with a tracing of Haley's handprint (this was a real nightmare with a 1 year old). I think they turned out how I had envisioned them so I am pretty happy. Stay tuned to a mail box near you.

2.I finally completed the craft project I have been working on...the one I have been mentioning for weeks now...a dry erase calender for my kitchen. I saw a similar project on a blog that I follow and the organized freak inside of me just had to make it. The project cost me a total of...wait for it...$0.00. I got the frame from my wonderful sister (who wants it back now), the paint marker I had, and the wall was already there. I did buy some new pretty colored expo markers but I am not counting that because I splurged and didn't really need them. Unfortunately I do not have any before pictures but trust me that it was not very pretty to begin with. 
3. I need to save money. Ever since I went back to work in May of 2009 I have been hassling my wonderful husband to stay home with Haley. Unfortunately we haven't been able to make it work just yet but I am confident it is going to happen in the near (365 days or less) future. Anyway, I have decided that in order to move the date up I need to take on a second career as a home economist (I think this term came from some lame talk radio show that Justin listens to). Basically I have to start clipping coupons, not shopping at Hobby Lobby and Target, eating out less, and conserving everywhere I can. It seems like an easy task in writing but it is really hard. I have tried other times in the past and never stick to it. I am addicted to spending money on unnecessary crap. I need help! I am looking for suggestions here. Any advice or words of wisdom would be great.

4. We spent our weekend alone doing a little spring cleaning. We cleared and prepared our all our flowerbeds. And when I say cleaned and prepared I mean completely gutted and leveled so we can put in more grass! Yeah for a bigger yard for Haley to run in...some day. There is something that makes me so happy about getting out the flip flops and tank tops and working int he yard! I love spring and summer.
5. This one is purely per the instruction of Justin. Sunday night dinner...Flintstones sized dinosaur steaks. Haha. They were actually just beef but the cuts made them look so ridiculousloy massive that it was almost funny. We had the gang over to help us devour these beasts. A good time as usual.
6. Friday we got Haley's first art project. Apparently in her new class they have art and crafts time. Last week they worked on letters H & I. How freaking cute is that?!?! Too bad I am not the one teaching her. We will chose to believe that they are just laying the ground work for the big lessons I have to teach her in the future. Hehe. PS..please try to ignore the fact that her name is spelled wrong on one of the pages. Let's just say I was a little irritated
Have a great week everyone!

No comments: