Sunday, March 21, 2010

Random Roundup

1. Happy St. Patty's day. Not sure what it is about holidays but my mommy skills always seem to falter on these days. I didn't realize it was St. Patty's day till almost noon. Luckily Haley did wear green to school...but it was done completely by chance. I on the other hand got several pinches. The only thing I could come up with for dinner was peas. It was a pretty bad day. Maybe next year I will make a whole feast of green for her...or maybe not.

2. Justin and I got "free" tickets to the Houston Rodeo this past Tuesday to see Keith Urban. It was nice to get out of the house on a week night and spend some couple time. The show was pretty good considering how hopelessly bad the acoustics are in Reliant Stadium. I am not a devout Keith Urban fan but I was still able to sing along with most of the songs and embarass my husband. Before the concert we strolled through the livestock portion to see all the animal exhibits. They had one where you could watch an egg hatch which I thought was pretty cool. Justin and I always like things like that; walking around aimlessly, holding hands, and just talking about nothing. Reminds me what a great pair we make. Love you honey!

3. I started a new quilt this week. It is going to be for my niece Lucy. I made one for her younger sister Grace when she was born but I wasn't yet a sewing fanactic when Lucy came into the world. I have owed her one for a while and just never found the time. I was home alone Friday night and finally got the chance. It is going to be a bright and cheery quilt. Hopefully it will be something she will cherish for years. I will show you guys the comlplete quilt once it is done.
4. We had our first Bar-b-q of the season Saturday night. It was a relatively small crowd but we had a good time as always. Justin made pork butt which we had as pulled pork sandwichs...delicious. CELG and the Wicke's headed out pretty early which left it up to Kurt, Justin, and I to do all the drinking. We ended up staying up pretty late (past midnight-amazing) just chatting, drinking, and having a good ole' time. I can't wait for all the cookouts to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara, You did it again.... interesting photos and personal conversation with the reader.... Love you, Dad

Sally said...

Love the blog! Mom

Erin said...

Lucy and I can't wait for her quilt. It is going to be so beautiful!