Sunday, March 7, 2010

Random Roundup

1. The weather was actually pretty great this week, which was a nice change. It had been so dreary that I was about to pack up shop and move somewhere tropical. I am so ready for spring and summer. I can't wait to take Haley to the park and nurture her love of swings, let her eat random outdoor stuff like grass and flowers, and relearn the art of bar-b-que parties. I love sun!

2. I know last week I mentioned some craft projects that I was going to share...well that hasn't really worked out just yet. I (Justin) have been fighting with the last step in my project since Sunday. I think we almost have it...at least a temporary fix for now. Aren't you anxious?!?!

3. If you haven't yet tried the delicious, delectable, treats that are Sam's Club egg rolls then you are seriously missing out. Chinese food is not really in my diet plan however when I get a craving I have to go for it. If I don't I convince myself I am missing out on life. These egg rolls were introduced to my by my parents about 6 months ago or so and have become a new staple in our freezer. The are so yummy that I think I could eat six of them in a sitting. The point to this story is that I got to have one this week and I am still thinking about it 2 days later...they are that good (at least to my simpleton taste buds).

4. Ever since Haley's denial of birthday cake on her birthday I have been on the hunt for something sweet to treat her with. This week's test run was going to be pudding. Wednesday night I decided to prepare the pudding for Haley to try the next evening. Everything went well; I mixed the ingredients together, whisked for a solid 2 minutes as the recipe calls for, covered, and refrigerated. Skip to Thursday night, the bowls are set on the table ready for a helping of vanilla pudding, I grab it from the fridge and hear and odd sloshing sound from inside. It had never set up and was still liquified?? Why you may ask...all I can say is that I would not suggest substituting water when a receipe calls for milk! Hahaha. I am such a kitchen klutz. Or maybe this is my mind helping me diet! Ha.

5. Haley still is not walking. I am happy and sad at the same time. I am happy because I want her to stay a baby forever. I am sad because I want her to start toddling around like a cute little toddler. I may have stunted her progress by drastically switching up all other aspects of her daily routine: She just moved up to a new room at school and they only take one nap a day in there, we are trying to transitition her to a sippy cup which is proving somewhat difficult, and I have started brushing her teeth at night (please do not laugh, the doctor actually suggested we do this). I am going to try really hard this weekend to help her take her first steps.

6. Justin and his fishing cohorts, Kurt and Chris, went out for the first fishing trip of the year this Saturday. They got up at the butt crack of dawn (5:00 am) and headed down to Surfside. I will never understand the love between a man and fishing. Standing around all day wathcing the end of a fishing pole is so boring it makes me yawn just saying it. Anyway, their trip was actually somewhat successful. The caught the following (as told to me by my husdand): a bunch of whiting, a couple hardheads, a monster 34" black drum, and a slight buzz. Good luck out there guys...I hope ya'll catch a record breaker.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love the picture! She is beautiful!