Monday, March 29, 2010

Random Roundup

1. To all the other mother's out there reading this little blog of mine please speak up and help me to understand why my daughter will eat nothing but cheese. When we first moved to table food Haley was all about it. She would eat just about everything we put in front of her. However in the last few days, maybe even weeks, it seems like she is digressing backwards. All she ever wants to eat is cheese! I mean don't get me wrong, I love cheese as well, but it seems that maybe she should branch out a little. Maybe I am mommy worrying for no reason at all. Perhaps I should just brush this one off and buy another 10 lb block of cheddar?

2. Haley now has three teeth. Last weekend we started noticing the little tooth on the top right trying to poke out but it took a couple more days to really show itself. It is out now in all it's ivory glory. She already seems so much older and wiser. Did I mention that the new tooth is huge? It looks like an adult tooth to me. Sort of freaky but in a cute way. Ha.

3. There seems to be a major bottleneck in my craft productions and I am sad to say that it is my husband. I hate to call him out like this on the world wide web but it had to be done. I have several projects in the works (I have purchased all the required materials) however the first step in each one requires the commandeering of power tools. Don't be confused and think that I am scared or nervous to use power tools, I am not, and would love to do this step myself, however I do want to keep all ten fingers that I currently have. Does anyone have a solution for chronic clutziness? Anyway, hopefully this will be the public push that he needs to start my projects.

4. We love visitors. Justin and I love having company over and sharing our home with friends and family. This weekend Justin's brother Chad, his wife Lex, and their two kids, Celia and Keith, stopped in for a little visit. It is always extra fun when those visitors have never been to Texas. We have some favorite Texas hot spots that we take everyone too and this weekend was no exception. Thanks for Chad and Lex for making the trip down. We enjoyed the visit and hope to see ya'll again soon. I will post more on this later with pictures and details.

5. I saved $20 at the grocery store on Saturday using coupons. This may not seem like much to you savvy coupon cutters but to me it was amazing. It is already fun for me to watch the Kroger saving tick off at the end of the sale but then on top of that I got to add another $20 off. Granted it did take me several minutes longer at the grocery than it usually does (I had to stop and read the fine print on a few of the coupons while in the aisles) and I stocked up on some things that I don't always use, but I feel it was worth it. Side note...after grocery shoping I blew $40 at Carters on "must-have" attire for Haley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara, thanks for keeping a blog, it's so nice for us to see what you guys are up to! It looks like you all keep busy and Haley is adorable!